Monitor Audio Gold 100 - High quality bookshelf speaker
Bookshelf speakers that sound as good as they look
The Monitor Audio Gold 100s are the only stand-mount speakers of the entire Gold range. Delivering both crisp dialogue and deliciously dynamic sound, all in a beautiful and compact cabinet design.
The combination of the 6½” (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, the Gold 100 is an accurate and informative listen. It’s able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful. A favourite for James-Morrow’s HiFi and Home Cinema customers alike, the Gold series makes for a real treat.
These speakers are coated seamlessly and are stunning when placed in your living room or study. The Gold range speakers come in four finishes. Walnut is textured, you can feel the grain effect when running across it with your finger tips. Satin White is matte and diffuses light beautifully within your room, an excellent choice for light-coloured rooms. Piano Black and Piano Ebony shine around the outer sides of the cabinet, remaining a lovely talking point for many years to come.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2” bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance return
- Four quality, premium finishes. Allowing the Monitor Audio Gold 100s to blend or stand out in your room.