Monitor Audio Gold C250 - Cinematic Centre Speaker
Crisp, defined dialogue
The centre speaker does the majority of the heavy lifting in any home cinema system, and the Monitor Audio Gold C250 makes it seem easy. Dialogue is the primary focus of a centre speaker and the Gold C250 provides crisp speech, whether it be from watching the news or picking out lines of dialogue during a chaotic film scene.
Thanks to the compact dimensions of the 2½” (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, and the 6½” (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers either side, Gold C250 is a three-way design without the big footprint you might expect.
Its wide dispersion characteristics make it a wide-screen listen, and it’s adaptable enough to sit happily between any of the speakers in the Gold Series.
The Monitor Audio C250 centre speaker is coated seamlessly and is stunning when placed in your living room or study. The Gold range speakers come in four finishes. Walnut is textured, you can feel the grain effect when running across it with your finger tips. Satin White is matte and diffuses light beautifully within your room, an excellent choice for light-coloured rooms. Piano Black and Piano Ebony shine around the outer sides of the cabinet, remaining a lovely talking point for many years to come.
- Sealed cabinet configuration for in-cabinet or close to wall placement
- MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 6.5″ bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality gold plated bi-wire terminals