Monitor Audio Silver 100 - 5-star bookshelf speaker
A dynamic and powerful sound from a bookshelf speaker
High output and effortless dynamics make the Monitor Audio Silver 100 an ideal choice for medium to large rooms in two-channel stereo or multi-channel application. Think the same crystal clear singing and dialogue of the smaller Silver 50 but with an even deeper sound to fill out medium to large sized rooms. More bass, with more balance and more excitement with your favourite hear-pounding track or film. All this with the same choice of 6 finishes ensuring that even the larger cabinet structure of the Silver 100 can stand out or blend into your room, exactly how you want it.
Construction and Engineering
The Monitor Audio Silver 100 features a very powerful 8-inch C-CAM RST bass/mid driver rigidly fixed into a relatively compact two-way cabinet in a configuration that while relatively traditional by modern standards has a lot to offer. There is no real substitute for big drivers and their relative ease of moving air efficiently. Thus, they can deliver incredible dynamic headroom and bass extension, a feature normally reserved for floorstanding speakers.
A two-way, ported design, the Silver 100 relies on a new, 25 mm C-CAM tweeter made from the brand’s proprietary Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium, and featuring a vented Neo magnet system, to create the cleanest possible highs. The HF unit is coupled with a specially-designed 8-inch bass/mid driver featuring a concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for incredible levels of damping and improved mid-range clarity. You’ll certainly hear the difference with Silver.
- Unique RST Cone profile for best diaphragm rigidity and lowest distortion
- Proprietary-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increase the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast-polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology ensures linear transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer