Monitor Audio Silver 300 - Medium floorstanding speakers
An all-encompassing sound that makes for a fulfilling listening experience for both TV and Music
The Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers have an ability to fill medium-large rooms at loud and quiet volume levels effortlessly. Much smaller than their predecessors and coming in 6 different finishes, the Silver 300s fit beautifully in Music Rooms and Living Rooms alike. The same delicate vocal performance as the Silver 200s but capable of reaching deeper for a heart-pumping performance.
Design and Construction
The full three-way design delivers class-leading mid-range, while a pair of long-throw 6-inch bass drivers work together to produce incredible power from the tall, but slim cabinet design, making it the perfect choice for serious audiophile and AV installations.
The three-way configuration allows each driver to be optimised to do a better job over a narrower frequency band; the only real way to deliver elevated performance in every respect. Superlatively natural mid-range comes courtesy of a dedicated 4-inch driver, specially designed with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system. This technique ensures the voice coil always remains in the magnetic gap under all conditions for demonstrably lower distortion than usually found at this level – an advance which can be immediately heard.
Coupled with higher overall impedance and better overall system damping, the cabinet can be placed close to a wall. However, this is a serious audiophile speaker, capable of delivering seismic levels of bass extension. For optimum performance, a distance of just 12 inches (30 cm) is needed between the speaker and wall, allowing the system to breathe and perform optimally. High overall sensitivity makes the Monitor Audio Silver 300 easy to drive with a modest, high-quality amplifier delivering precise, dynamic music or film to fill a medium to large room.
- Three-way, four-driver configuration (electrically and acoustically) allows the drivers to be optimised to deliver higher efficiency and lower distortion from a cabinet of this size
- New 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) featuring vented Neo magnet system has been optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap, ensuring very low distortion
- Dual 6-inch bass drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile means better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion