Monitor Audio Silver 500 - Flagship floorstanding speakers
A powerful speaker that reaches so low so well that it doesn’t need a subwoofer
The Monitor Audio Sliver 500 floorstanding speakers are a true powerhouse in performance. The larger drivers and cabinet help make a sound that’s both room filling and reaches as high as it does low. Whether it’s for music or for cinema, you don’t need a subwoofer. Ideal for larger rooms or for those who want uncompressed bass.
While assured of incredible scale and breath-taking dynamics from Monitor Audio’s bespoke bass drivers, you are guaranteed clean mid-range, without a hint of distortion. You’ll also hear a delicate, detailed treble thanks to perfect drive unit matching. All bass and mid-range drivers feature the Silver Series’ signature RST Cone profile.
High overall sensitivity and easy loading make the Monitor Audio Silver 500 easy to drive and capable of delivering amazing results in your audio system. In fact, a modestly powered high-quality amplifier is all you need to fill a large room with volume levels that approach live music. And, with just 12 inches (30 cm) needed between the speaker and wall, to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally, the Silver 500 is perfect where space is tight.
- Three-way, four driver configuration (both electrically and acoustically) allows drive units to be optimised to deliver high efficiency and lowest distortion
- Bespoke 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially-developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap ensuring incredibly low distortion
- Dual 8-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion