The Rega Elex-R is built to the highest standard and designed to deliver the best possible audio performance whilst remaining simple to use and easy to setup. The Elex-R is built into the full width Rega case with increased heat dissipation, which along with a larger transformer enables the Elex-R to deliver 90 Watts per channel into 6Ω and 72.5 Watts per channel into a design centre rating of 8.
Rega’s time and effort have been spent on developing the circuitry and construction to make use of the the highest specification of components. A pre-amplifier output enables the Rega Elex-R to be used with a wide combination of systems.
- High quality amplification with non-existent levels of distortion
- Pure and direct sound accomplished by having fewer add-ons
- Custom Class-A amplification gives the Elex-R a precise yet wonderfully enjoyable sound that is uniquely Rega
Power Amplifier Technology
The output amplifier used in the Elex-R, Elicit-R and Brio-R was born after extensive research by Rega’s engineers to develop a low source impedance emitter follower Class-A driver stage. This is based around a complementary pair of 150w Sanken Darlington output transistors. The technical and sonic improvement gained by the use of low impedance drivers is well known, however, it can feature high standing currents in the driver stage when using standard transistor configurations. By combining the low impedance driver with the Sanken Darlington transistors, this combination forms a complementary emitter follower emulating Class-A conditions with good thermal stability and lower standing.
- Rega custom full width case with improved heat dissipation
- Combined feedback & passive volume control pre-amp
- 90 watts per channel into 6 Ohms / 72 watts into 8ohms
- High specification integrated phono stage
- New multi-lingual user manual
- Enhanced power supplies for the driver stage
- Hybrid of the Brio-R and Elicit-R design
- Dedicated mini remote handset included
- Pre-amp out / Record out / 4 line inputs
- New custom transformer