Rega Planar 2 – Factory Fitted with Rega’s Carbon Moving Magnet Cartridge
Featuring the RB220 tonearm, packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings, housed within a stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega’s latest custom aluminium arm tube.
The Planar 2 has a 11mm self securing brass bearing offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. The plinth is available in three finishes: Gloss Black, Gloss White or Gloss Red.
New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
Other features :
- Three-point feet ddesign – Rubberised foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge – supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray – with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors – supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions – Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.