Rega Planar 2
Accessibility for your Music
The Rega Planar 2 is a step-up in performance from the Planar 1, whilst remaining user-friendly. Adding a glass platter for a more rigid platform to improve musical response and giving the deck a more premium look. That, combined with the RB220 tonearm brings musical performance to the forefront.
All of these changes make the Rega Planar 2 a turntable for serious consideration for nearly any level of sound system.
The Rega Planar 2 features the RB220 tonearm. This tonearm offers extremely low friction in a bespoke stiffer and lightweight housing. All of which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias. This makes setup straight forward and easy. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega’s latest custom aluminium arm tube.
The Planar 2 has a 11mm self securing brass bearing offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. The plinth is available in three finishes: Gloss Black, Gloss White or Gloss Red.
New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
- Three-point feet design – Rubberised foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge – supplied and fitted as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray – with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors – supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions – Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for