Bluesound Powernode Edge Streaming Amplifier
The perfect segue into “just add speakers” HiFi for the streaming age, combining streaming sources, control and amplification in a sleek and affordable device.
Just Add Speakers.
All you need to do is connect a pair of passive speakers to experience an incredible all-in-one HiFi solution. Easily connect wired sources, like a TV or turntable, with HDMI eARC or the combo analog/digital input. Add the PULSE SUB+ Wireless Subwoofer for a powerful but compact 2.1 stereo system or even use the POWERNODE EDGE to power the rear channels of a wireless Bluesound surround sound setup. Using the BluOS Controller App, select songs from popular streaming services like Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, SiriusXM, from your own music library through Apple Airplay2, aptX™ HD Bluetooth®, or even a network-connected drive or USB hard drive.
Bring your speakers to life with the powerful, punchy 2 x 40 watts DirectDigital™ amplifier in the POWERNODE EDGE, able to handle hi-res, 24 bit/192 kHz files and MQA-encoded tracks with ease. Enjoy clarity in playback of everything from densely-layered heavy metal tracks to whisper-quiet dialogue in movies and TV shows. The POWERNODE EDGE decodes Dolby® Digital content on its own and can also be used to power the rear channel speakers of a wireless home theater system.
Your sonic oasis doesn’t have to take up all your real estate. With the POWERNODE EDGE, gone are the days of bulky, oversized amplifiers. Comparable in size to the average hardcover book, this small yet mighty HiFi system transforms any space into a high-fidelity haven.
Hi-Res for Every Corner
The sleek and compact form factor of the POWERNODE EDGE makes it ideal for secondary rooms like offices and back porches. Equip speakers in every corner of your house with power plus streaming and hide the POWERNODE EDGE away from sight in nooks like closets or behind sofas using the included multi-orientation wall-mount bracket.
Control is always at your fingertips via the BluOS Controller app for iOS, Android, Mac, PC, or using the elegant capacitive touch panel for quick-access controls like Play, Pause, and Volume Up/Down, and Previous/Last Track. The POWERNODE EDGE connects to your home network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Hands-free control is possible with voice assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Voice. For professional smart home installers, full-feature drivers are available for Lutron, Crestron, RTI, Elan, and other popular control systems.
• Easily power a pair of passive speakers
• 40 Watts per channel of DirectDigital™ amplification technology handling 24 bit/192 kHz files
• A state-of-the-art Quad-Core 1.8GHz ARM® Cortex A53 Processor
• HDMI eARC connectivity
• Digital optical and analog input options, subwoofer output, and Bluetooth® wireless headphone output
• Dolby® Digital decoding
• Dual-band Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet and support for 2-way Bluetooth® aptX™ HD
• Stream hi-res content from internet radio stations, cloud music services or your own local music players
• Intuitive control with the BluOS Controller app
• Elegant capacitive touch panel for quick-access controls (Play, Pause, Volume Up/Down, Previous/Next Track)
• Includes an easy-to-install, multi-orientation wall-mounting bracket
• IR remote learning capability – optional control using the RC1 Remote Controller
• Connect with the BluVoice skill to enable voice assistants like Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri to control Players around the home.
• AirPlay 2 lets you play music or podcasts from wireless stereo components throughout your house — all in sync.
Supported Audio File Formats
MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, ALAC, OPUS
Supported Hi-Res Audio File Formats
FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF, MPEG-4 SLS
Supported Multi-Channel Audio Formats
Native Sampling Rates
up to 192 kHz
Audio Controls and EQ
BluOS Controller App
Rated Power Output
40W x 2 (8 Ohms)
IHF Dynamic Power
80W (4 Ohms) / 50W (8 Ohms)
Software and Integration
App Controller Operating Systems
iOS, Android, Windows, macOS
ARM® Cortex™ -A53, Quad-Core, 1.8GHz per core
Supported Network File Sharing
Server Message Block (SMB) up to 200,000 files
Album Art Supported
Music Services & Internet Radio
Voice Control Integrations
Amazon Alexa Skills; Actions on Google
Control System Integrations
Control4, Crestron, URC, RTI, ELAN, Lutron
BluOS Home Theater
Yes - rear surround channels
Universal bi-pin AC cord input (100-240AC)
Ethernet RJ45, Gigabit 1000 Mbps
Wi-Fi Built In
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), dual-band
Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD
Two-Way (transmit and receive)
IR Optical Built In
IR Sensor Built In - front panel with IR Remote Learning
Combo - Mini TOSLINK/Stereo 3.5mm
Type A (Fat32 Formatted)
RCA x 1; Wireless to PULSE SUB+
5-Way Binding Post
Black/White; Matte Satin Paint
120V AC Power Cord
230V AC Power Cord
TOSLINK Optical to 3.5mm Mini Adapter
Metal Mounting Bracket
Metal Mounting Screw
Rubber Mount Attachment
Quick Setup Guide
Max Power Consumption
-10°C to 50°C, 20% to 80% relative humidity
'0°C to 40°C
219 x 44.5 x 193 mm
8.6 x 1.75 x 7.6 in
300 x 300 x 95 mm
11.8 x 11.8 x 3.74 in
We currently do not have any accessories available for Bluesound Powernode Edge Streaming Amplifier.