Meridian 251 Powered Zone Controller
Designed for in-room and in-rack systems, the 251 Powered Zone Controller contains all the functionality needed to create a great sounding and flexible Hi-Res Audio zone.
With two powerful, cool-running channels of on-board amplification, the Meridian 251 can comfortably drive a pair of loudspeakers or a sound bar with our trademark fidelity and High Resolution performance.
The Meridian 251 features two powerful, high performance, cool-running 100W Class D Amplifiers that allow this versatile 1U tall product to be easily partnered with any passive loudspeaker. Accommodating both local and distributed audio, whether analogue or digital, the MQA-enabled Meridian 251 is also an endpoint for Roon. Control features including IP and IR allow this versatile solution to be seamlessly integrated into the home.
Meridian Q-Sync deploys Meridian's multiple “First In, First Out” buffering system which minimises jitter, ensuring perfect timing and improved clarity.
Meridian True Link is an encryption method for transferring high-definition digital audio over SPDIF connections. It allows secure movement of digital audio whilst ensuring that the SPDIF clock signal can be transmitted with minimum degradation.
True Time is Meridian's proprietary Apodising Filter that avoids pre-ringing and cleans up the effects of early filters, converting pre-echo to post-echo.
Meridian Digital Precision maximises the signal-to-noise ratio of the digital audio, ensuring the finest details of every song are retained.
Roon Tested devices are profiled by the Roon team to ensure simple setup and effortless daily use.
Works with Sonos
Seamlessly stream music from the Sonos app to a Meridian system and control the music from anywhere around the home using the Sonos interface. Works in conjunction with the Sonos Port or Sonos Connect products.
MQA DECODER AND RENDERER
Supports full unfold of MQA files to feed its analogue outputs or performs first unfold to feed an MQA renderer product digitally.
• One 2-channel digital coaxial S/PDIF input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel Meridian SpeakerLink input. 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel digital optical TOSLINK input. 44.1kHz to 96kHz sampling and up to 24-bit
• One 2-channel analogue input on RCA phono connectors
• One network input (Ethernet) for connection to a Roon system or an alternative control interface
• Speaker outputs on Phoenix connectors
• 24-12 AWG Compatible
• 2 x 100w into 4Ω nominal load (2 x 65w into 8Ω)
• 40kHz Bandwidth
• 2-channel line-level analogue output on RCA phono connectors
• Twin 192kHz 24-bit DACs
DISPLAYLEDs to indicate source selection and MQA status
HEIGHT: 42mm [1.65in] (without feet)
WIDTH: 204mm [8.03in]
DEPTH: 221mm [8.7in] (226mm inc. connectors) [8.89in]
WEIGHT: Standalone: 2.5Kg [5.5lbs]
• Advanced linear power supply: 110–120V ac 50–60Hz | 220-240V ac 50-60Hz
• 1U tall rack kit available with space for two units
• Optional VESA mount brackets
• IP Control • IR on 3.5mm jack • Meridian Comms
We currently do not have any accessories available for Meridian 251 Powered Zone Controller.